Amateur Radio Exams in Fresno, CA
Exams offered for Technician, General and Amateur Extra Class
Exams for all Amateur license classes will be conducted in Fresno, CA on Saturday July 17, 2021 at 9:30am.
- with easing of COVID restrictions this session will still be by appointment only, but open to more candidates.
Date & Time
July 17, 2021 at 9:30am.
2490 W Shaw Ave
Fresno, CA 93711
What to Bring:
1. Photo Identification - State issued Drivers License or ID Card, Passport, or Military ID Card.
2. FCC Registration Number (FRN) - Required prior to exam, see details below.
3. (if upgrading) Official Copy
of current Amateur License or Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE certificate)
4. Valid Email address
5. Fee $15.00 per test session. Exact change please.
CORES FRN Requirement
- Applicants must use an FCC Registration Number (FRN
) for all license transactions with the FCC. Examinees must register in CORES
and receive an FRN before exam day. Exam Candidates you are REQUIRED to register in the FCC CORES system and receive a FCC Registration Number (FRN) before exam day. Applications that do not have an FRN will be rejected
by the FCC.
An instructional video
provides step-by-step instructions on how to establish a CORES account, which is necessary for licensees to make administrative updates and download electronic license authorizations.
- All filers must provide an email address
on all applications. When an email is provided, applicants will receive an official electronic copy of their licenses once granted (allow incoming email from firstname.lastname@example.org). If no email is provided when filing applications will be rejected. ARRL VEC suggests that those without access to email to use the email address of a family member or friend.